Ophir Spuds Kora-1 Well
Ophir Energy has spud Kora-1 in the AGC Profond PSC offshore Senegal and Guinea Bissau. The Kora prospect has a Cretaceous oil target with gross resources estimated at 450 million barrels of oil equivalent.
The Maersk Deliverer semisub is drilling the well to a total depth of 15,200 feet (4,633 meters) in a water depth of 8,600 feet (2,621 meters). Ophir will operate the Kora-1 exploratory well, and in the event of a discovery, Noble will become operator for appraisal and development activities.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)
Company: Ophir Energy more info
- Ophir Energy Cuts Cost; Eliminates Staff (Jul 12)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Ophir to Borrow $1.2B from Chinese Banks for Fortuna Floating LNG (May 08)