Oilex Drills Ahead at Cambay Well
Oilex advised that at June 14, 2011 the Cambay-76H horizontal well was drilled to a depth of 601 meters and is preparing to drill ahead.
- Report date: June 14, 2011
- Status: Preparing to drill ahead
- Spudded well on June 8th
- Drilled 17 ½" hole to 601 meters
- Set 13 ⅜" casing to 599 meters
- Objectives: Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone
- Kick off point for deviation: Approximately 1,100 meters
- Planned Total Depth (TD): Approximately 2,885 meters
- Days to TD: Approximately 35 days on a trouble free basis
Cambay Eocene Tight Reservoirs
The Company is making progress in unlocking the potential of the Cambay "tight" Eocene reservoirs that extend across the 161 km2 Cambay Production Sharing Contract ("PSC") area in onshore Gujarat, India. The Company intends to evaluate and exploit these reservoirs using horizontal drilling and fracture stimulation technology that has been developed and proven in North America.
The Cambay-76H "proof of concept" horizontal well will evaluate the production potential of the Y Zone interval of these "tight" reservoirs. An 8 stage fracture stimulation program will be conducted and after well clean-up, it is anticipated that a long term production test will be performed to determine flow rates, quality of hydrocarbons and commercial viability.
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)