BGP Concludes Challenging Seismic Survey for Saudi Aramco
BGP Crew 8615 announced the completion of the S54 2D seismic acquisition contract for Saudi Aramco.
In the 48 months since the commencement of the S54 seismic survey in February 2007, more than fifty thousand kilometers of 2D data were acquired. The work area was located in the desert and far away from the city, which made the logistical support to be extremely difficult. The most challenging issues are the complex terrain and dramatic changes of elevation, which greatly increased operational difficulty.
The effort of all members of Crew 8615, along with the support of BGP headquarters, enabled them to overcome many difficulties during the operation. The crew reached more than six million man-hours without an LTI. Outstanding performance in difficult terrain as well as a commitment to client satisfaction guaranteed BGP's success in this operation.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: BGP more info
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)