Subsea 7 Wins Petronas Contract in Malaysia
Subsea 7 announced the award of the Kumang Cluster Project by Petronas Carigali to Subsea 7 Malaysia Sdn Bhd. This award further cements Subsea 7's position in Asia Pacific and Middle East Region.
The project involves the transportation and installation of subsea structures, 5km of umbilical cable, pipeline jumpers and electrical flying leads, including the pre-commissioning of an existing 24" 5km pipeline and new umbilical in the Kumang Field.
The workscope comprises project management and engineering associated with the installation of the subsea equipment. A combined team from Subsea 7 and PETRONAS Carigali will deliver the project enabling greater development and understanding of deepwater technologies and allow most operations to be completed utilizing diverless intervention techniques. The work involves a high level of Malaysian content and will be managed by Subsea 7's office in Kuala Lumpur.
The project will be completed in two phases utilizing Rockwater 2 in 2011.
Dick Martin, Subsea 7's Vice President for Asia said, "Subsea 7 is delighted to be awarded the contract by PETRONAS Carigali to work on this prestigious project. This award underlines and further enhances our reputation in Malaysia in particular to provide safe and quality services to strategic partners such as PETRONAS Carigali."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)