Det norske, Partners Sign Agreement for Block in Barents Sea
Det norske and partners DONG and Edison have signed agreements for production license 613 at the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.
Production license 613 was awarded in the 21st licensing round. The license is located in the northern part of Loppa High in the Barents Sea. The license covers blocks 7322/10 and 11.
The work program that the companies have now committed themselves to, includes acquisition of 3D seismic over the area. The decision to drill an exploration well must be taken within three years. Acquisition of seismic is planned to start already this year, and the first partner meeting will take place as early as next week.
Work with this license will be placed at Det norske's office in Harstad.
Licensees in PL 613:
- Dong E&P Norge (operator) 40 percent
- Det norske oljeselskap 35 percent
- Edison International Norway 25 percent
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)