Norwest Drills Ahead at Arrowsmith Well
AWE reported that at 0600 hours today (WST) the Arrowsmith-2 exploration well was drilling ahead at a measured depth of 2,291 meters after running and cementing 9-5/8" casing at a measured depth of 2,284 meters, as planned. Progress for the week was 1,691 meters.
The Arrowsmith-2 well is designed to test the unconventional gas potential of the Carynginia Formation, Irwin River Coal Measures and Kockatea Shale and will be drilled to a proposed total depth of approximately 3,420 meters.
The well is located approximately 25 kilometers from the Woodada Deep-1 well (deepened by AWE in April 2010 to acquire cores over the Carynginia Shale interval), and approximately 500 meters south east of the Arrowsmith-1 well, which tested gas from the Carynginia Formation.
During drilling, the joint venture is planning to cut conventional cores from the middle Carynginia Shale and Irwin River Coal Measures. On completion of drilling, the well will be suspended for future fracture stimulation and testing which is planned for later in the year.
The participants in EP 413 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) 44.252%
- Norwest Energy NL (Operator) 27.945%
- Bharat PetroResources Ltd 27.803%
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Norwest Energy NL more info
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)