McDermott Secures EPCI Contract Offshore Trinidad
BG Group granted McDermott a full engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) contract for a 750-ton compressor module for the Hibiscus gas field offshore Trinidad. The contract is valued at more than US $50 million.
The compressor module is set to increase gas supply to BG’s Atlantic LNG trains. Engineering of the module commenced in the first quarter of 2011 and fabrication is due to begin by the first quarter of 2012, with loadout and transportation scheduled for the first quarter of 2013.
The Hibiscus gas field is located 28 miles off the north coast of Trinidad in a water depth of 500 feet (152 meters). BG Group serves as the operator of the project and holds a 45.88% interest; Petrotin holds 19.50% interest; Eni holds 17.31% interest; and PetroCanada holds the remaining 17.31% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)