Santos' Evans Shoal Sale Falls Through
Santos announced in March 2010 that it had agreed to sell its 40% working interest in NT/P 48 (Evans Shoal) in the Bonaparte Basin to Magellan Petroleum Australia Limited.
Santos today announced that the sale transaction will not complete because the conditions to completion have not been satisfied by the May 31, 2011 deadline.
Santos therefore will retain its 40% interest in NT/P 48 and will remain as operator of the permit. Santos will also retain a $15 million non-refundable deposit paid by Magellan.
- Magellan Sells Australia's Mereenie Field Bonus Rights to Macquarie Bank (May 20)
- Magellan Reappoints Ex-Chief Financial Officer (Jun 11)
- Oilfield Discovered Onshore UK near London's Gatwick Airport (Oct 24)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)