Aker to Supply Subsea Production Control Umilicals for Chevron
Aker Solutions has been selected to supply three subsea production control umbilicals for the Chevron operated Jack & St. Malo field developments in the Gulf of Mexico. Contract value is undisclosed.
The production control umbilicals will provide hydraulic, electrical and fiber optic service to the Jack and St. Malo subsea fields. Scope of work includes three electro-hydraulic steel tube production umbilicals totaling 40 miles (65 kilometers). Engineering, project management, and manufacturing will take place at Aker Solutions' state-of-the-art umbilical facility in Mobile, Alabama. The three umbilicals will be used at Chevron's Jack & St. Malo field, located in the Walker Ridge Area of the Gulf of Mexico in water depths of approximately 7,000 feet (2,100 meters).
"Aker Solutions is excited to see Chevron come back to us with a repeat order and is proud to contribute to this very important project for Chevron and for the Gulf of Mexico region," said Erik Wiik, President - Subsea North America, Aker Solutions.
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)