Aker Solutions Wins Rig Pair
Aker Solutions has won two contracts to supply complete drilling equipment packages for two new deepwater drilling units that are being built by Cosco, the Chinese shipbuilding company.
The combined value of the contracts is about $195 million, and includes options for a further two units.
"These contracts underline our attractive offering in the deepwater drilling market. Current tender activity is high, and we are pleased to see that our position in the deepwater market is competitive," said Thor Arne Håverstad, executive vice president and head of Aker Solutions' drilling technologies business.
The equipment will be delivered to both units during 2012 and 2013.
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)