Wood Group Lands Engineering, Design Gig for Tamar Platform
Wood Group’s Alliance Engineering received a contract to provide detailed engineering and design services for the Tamar platform project, including topside facilities and deck structure.
The platform will process 1.2 Bcf/d of natural gas. Tamar is estimated to contain 8.4 Tcf of gas and will produce through several subsea wells connected to the platform by 93-mile-long (150-kilometer-long) flow lines. The planned single-lift topside facility will have four deck levels and will weigh nearly 10,000 tons when completed.
The Tamar project is located in 5,505 feet (1,678 meters) of water offshore Israel and lies on the Matan Block. Noble Energy operates Tamar with a 36% working interest; Isramco Negev 2 holds 28.75%; Delek Drilling holds 15.63 %; Avner Oil Exploration holds 15.63%; and Dor Gas Exploration holds the remaining 4%.
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)