Leed Hands GOM Reins to Marlin
Leni Gas & Oil announced resumption of operations in the Gulf of Mexico following the recent announcements by Leed Petroleum plc ("Leed").
Leed has announced that it has sold all its Gulf of Mexico properties and LGO has been advised that the new operator will be Marlin Energy LLC ("Marlin"), a private oil and gas operations company, based in Lafayette, Louisiana.
LGO met with Marlin last week and expect that production operations at Eugene Island 184 will be restored by early June and understand that Marlin are planning new sidetrack developments on EI 184 in the coming months to lift production.
Neil Ritson, LGO's Chief Executive, stated, "We are pleased that the operations will shortly be restored and that the hiatus has been kept as brief as possible, and we look forward to working with the new operator in order to accelerate the pace of development on these properties."
- Marlin Spuds GOM Eugene Island Well (Feb 17)
- Marlin Primes Eugene Bit (Jan 26)
- Marlin to Commence GOM Drilling Early 2012 (Dec 01)
Company: Leni Gas & Oil plc more info
- Leni Sees Goudron Well Flow at 700 Barrels per Day (Sep 17)
- Leni Drills 5th Well in Trinidad Development Campaign (Aug 21)
- Leni Appoints New Finance Director (Aug 07)
Company: Leed Petroleum more info
- Leed Hands GOM Reins to Marlin (May 23)
- Leed Shuts In All GOM Production (Apr 06)
- Leed Halts Production at GOM Platforms (Apr 05)