CGGVeritas Inks Agreement with Elnusa
CGGVeritas has signed an agreement with Elnusa to create a marine joint venture company. The newly established company, PT Elnusa-CGGVeritas Seismic, is 51% owned by Elnusa and 49% owned by CGGVeritas and will deliver 2D and 3D marine seismic acquisition services to oil and gas company clients mainly operating in Indonesia and the Region.
PT Elnusa-CGGVeritas Seismic will operate the first Indonesian-owned and flagged seismic vessel, the Elnusa Finder. The Elnusa Finder was purpose-built in Singapore and is equipped with four Sercel solid streamers. She is scheduled to conduct her first commercial survey in Indonesia starting in May, 2011, near Madura Island in East Java, on behalf of Husky Oil.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO of CGGVeritas, said, "The Indonesian and regional oil and gas E&P industry has significant potential for growth. Our new joint venture will enable our long-term partner, Elnusa, to expand its capability in marine seismic services by building on local expertise and offering the benefits of the latest CGGVeritas seismic technology to regionally established clients."
- Technics Partners PT Elnusa for O&G Services Projects in Indonesia (Oct 19)
- Mirach Gets Sumatra's Kampung Minyak Field KM13-A Well Petrophysics Report (Oct 20)
- Indonesia's PT Elnusa Posts Net Profit of $4.6M in 1Q 2014, Up 47% YOY (Apr 25)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)