CGGVeritas, PetroVietnam Enter Seismic JV
CGGVeritas has signed an agreement with PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation (PTSC) to create a marine joint venture company. The newly established company, PTSC CGGVeritas Geophysical Survey Company Limited, is 51% owned by PTSC and 49% owned by CGGVeritas and will deliver 2D and 3D marine seismic acquisition services to oil and gas company clients mainly operating in Vietnamese waters and the region.
CGGVeritas will contribute the Amadeus, a high-capacity 3D seismic vessel, to the joint venture and PTSC will contribute the Binh Minh II, a 2D seismic vessel.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO of CGGVeritas, said, "This joint venture builds on our long-term partnership with PTSC by supporting growing demand for 3D marine seismic for deepwater exploration and production in Vietnamese waters and by providing infrastructure for PTSC's international E&P activity and expansion globally."
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)