Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform
Korean Samsung Heavy Industries has entered into an agreement with Grenland Group for delivery of detailed engineering and fabrication services for the topside on Statoil’s Valemon wellhead platform.
The project commenced and is due for completion in February 2014, and the fabrication of the platform’s flare tower will be executed in the Grenland Group yard in Tonsberg.
Valemon is located on Block 34/10 in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. Serving as operator of the field is Statoil, holding a 64.275%; Total holds 2.5%; Enterprise Oil holds 3.225 and Petoro holds the remaining 30%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)