ONGC, Uzbekneftegaz Join Forces in Uzbek Exploration
ONGC Videsh (OVL) entered in to a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Uzbekneftegaz (UNG), the National Oil Company of Uzbekistan for Joint Cooperation in the Upstream E&P sector of Uzbekistan as well as third countries. The MOU was signed on May 17, 2011 by Mr. Satpal Garg, Director (Finance) of OVL and Mr. Shokir Faizullayev, Chairman, Uzbekneftegaz in the presence of H.E. Mr. Rustam Azimov, First Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance of Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan has long been an important gas producer and ranks 13th in terms of global gas supply. The MOU provides for the formation of Joint Working Group consisting of experts from both the companies for identifying specific oil & gas fields in Uzbekistan and the areas in third countries for E&P activities through Joint Cooperation.
Operates 41 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Uzbekneftegaz more info
- Tethys Pens MOU for Uzbek Exploration (Feb 01)
- Tethys Signs MOU with Uzbekneftegaz (Nov 18)
- ONGC, Uzbekneftegaz Join Forces in Uzbek Exploration (May 18)