Eni Farms-In to Timor Sea Discoveries
Eni has signed an agreement with MEO Australia Limited to farm-in to the Heron and Blackwood gas discoveries in the NT/P68 permit in the Timor Sea, northern Australia.
Under the agreement, Eni will earn a 50% operating interest in the Heron gas discovery by funding the drilling of two wells in the Heron Area. Eni may withdraw from the agreement after the first well has been drilled.
Eni also has the option to earn a 50% interest in the Blackwood gas discovery by acquiring a minimum of 123,553 acres (500 square kilometers) of 3D seismic and by drilling one well in the Blackwood area. The company also has a further option to acquire an additional 25% interest in the discoveries by funding the work program required to reach a final investment decision (FID) in either Heron or Blackwood, or both. Once completed, Eni would make a one off bonus payment to MEO.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)