Rockhopper Secures Additional Slot on Semisub
Rockhopper has entered into a further assignment agreement to secure an additional well slot on the Ocean Guardian mid-water semisub. The rig has been working for a consortium of operators led by AGR offshore the Falkland Islands since February 2010.
The company will now be able to use the Ocean Guardian for four well slots in succession. Rockhopper's plans for the remainder of 2011 call for the size of the Sea Lion discovery to be determined and additional exploration wells to be drilled.
Manages 18 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Rockhopper Exploration more info
- ERCE: Sea Lion Complex Could Hold 1.7B Barrels of Oil (May 17)
- Beach Energy Updates on Sale of its Egyptian Subsidiary to Rockhopper (Apr 18)
- Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts (Feb 11)