KBR Bags Design Engineering Gig for Jack/St. Malo FPU
Chevron awarded KBR a contract to execute detailed design engineering for the Jack/St. Malo FPU to be located in the Lower Tertiary trend in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
KBR will provide design and engineering support through fabrication for the deep draft semisubmersible including: hull, deck box, accommodations, appurtenances, equipment foundations; mooring system design; and anchor suction piles. The semi will be designed to minimize vessel motion and allow acceptable fatigue lives of the moorings, risers and umbilicals.
The Jack and St. Malo fields are located within 25 miles (40 kilometers) of one another about 280 miles (450 kilometers) south of New Orleans, Louisiana, in water depths of 7,000 feet (2,100 meters). The joint development project is operated by Chevron (50%). Partners include Statoil (25%) and Maersk (25%).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)