Gazprom, ENI to Conclude Elephant Stake Buy after Libyan Unrest
MOSCOW (Dow Jones Newswires), Apr. 20, 2011
Gazprom plans to acquire a 33% stake in ENI's Elephant field in Libya has been delayed, and will be finalized when the situation stabilizes in the North African country, Gazprom said Wednesday in a press release.
The announcement came following a meeting in Moscow between Gazprom Chief Executive Alexei Miller and ENI CEO Paolo Scaroni.
The two also discussed France's Electricite de France and Germany's Wintershall joining the South Stream project.
Copyright (c) 2011 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)