Statoil Gets NPD Nod for North Sea Drilling
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for wellbore 6407/3-1 using the Transocean Leader semisub.
The well will be drilled in Production License 312 about 100 miles (161 kilometers) west of Namsos in a water depth of 761 feet (232 meters). Statoil serves as the operator of PL 312, holding a 59% interest. The other licensees are ExxonMobil (24%) and Eni Norge (17%).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)