Halliburton Secures ExxonMobil Contract for West Qurna Development
Halliburton has been awarded a contract by ExxonMobil Iraq Limited (EMIL) to provide drilling services for 15 wells in the West Qurna (Phase I) oil field located in Southern Iraq.
Halliburton will provide a complete range of well construction services utilizing three drilling rigs to safely deliver the wells.
Joe Rainey, president of Halliburton's Eastern Hemisphere operations, said, "This contract award is a testament to the ongoing success of our Eastern Hemisphere growth strategy and is in addition to work awarded in this field by this customer in 2010."
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Halliburton Company more info
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)