Halliburton Awarded Gig for Statoil's HP/HT Fields Offshore Norway
Statoil has awarded Halliburton several contracts to provide services for two high-pressure/high-tempature fields offshore Norway. Halliburton will provide directional drilling, logging-while-drilling, cementing, drilling fluids, and completion equipment and services at the Gudrun and Brynhild fields. Drilling is scheduled to start in the third quarter of 2011.
The Gudrun field, operated by Statoil, is expected to come online in the first quarter of 2014. Brynhild is located about 2 miles (three kilometers) east of Gudrun and will be subsea tied-back to the Gudrun/Sigrun installations.
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)