Shell to Take Reins Offshore Sicily
Northern Petroleum has applied to the Italian authorities for the transfer of operatorship to Shell Italia E&P for six permits offshore west of Sicily (G.R17.NP, G.R18.NP, G.R19.NP, G.R20.NP, G.R21.NP and G.R22.NP).
The transfer will enable Shell to progress with the work required to apply for drilling approvals in advance of the final decision as to whether an exploration well is to be drilled in the permits. The consortium is currently finalizing the subsurface evaluation.
Northern operated the permits during the 2D and 3D seismic phases of the exploration program, the costs of which were covered by Shell. Under the terms of the farm-in agreement, Shell holds 55% in G.R17.NP, G.R18.NP, G.R19.NP and 70% in G.R20.NP, G.R21.NP and G.R22.NP, with NPUK holding the remaining interest in the permits.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Northern Petroleum more info
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)