Statoil Gets Green Light to Drill in Norwegian Sea
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted Statoil consent to perform exploratory drilling on well 6407/3-1S in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea using the Transocean Leader semisub.
The well will be drilled in Production License 312 about 100 miles (161 kilometers) west of Namsos in a water depth of 761 feet (232 meters). Drilling should last for about 46 days, but if the well is sidetracked, it should take an additional 26 days.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)