BP Extends Aker's Maintenance, Modification Contract
BP has extended the maintenance and modification contract with Aker Solutions, exercising a one-year option in the existing agreement for the Ula, Valhall, Hod and Tambar fields.
The work scope includes engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and maintenance support services. The contract also includes hook-up and completion of the new PH platform at Valhall and tie-in of Oselvar to the Ula field. Work under the new options is expected to last until April 2012.
The Valhall oil field lies in the Norwegian North Sea on Blocks 2/8 and 2/11 in 230 feet (70 meters) of water. BP serves as the operator and holds a 43.81% interest; Hess Norge AS holds 28.09%; and Norske Shell AS holds the remaining 28.09%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Sees Electric Future With Oil Demand Peaking in 2030s (Feb 20)
- Big Oil Said to Plan Tenfold Expansion of Cost-Cut Collaboration (Jan 23)
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)