Lamprell Bags Weatherford Contract
Lamprell has received a new contract award from Weatherford Drilling International for the engineering, construction and delivery of two 3000HP land drilling rigs, with a total contract value of $41 million.
The rigs have a static hook load capacity of 1,500,000 lbs and 800,000 lbs set back capacity. The mast will accommodate a 750T top drive supplied by three triplex mud pumps rated at 2200HP with a 7500psi high pressure mud system. The rig will be powered by five 3516B CAT engines. Lamprell will fabricate the rigs at its yard in Jebel Ali. The project is planned to be completed during the first quarter 2012.
Commenting on the contract award Nigel McCue, Chief Executive Officer, Lamprell said, "We are delighted to be announcing this significant new contract award from Weatherford. We believe that this land rig award, the largest yet for our oilfield engineering business, demonstrates the exciting opportunity to develop Lamprell's offering in this developing regional market. We look forward to working with Weatherford on this important project."
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)