Technip Secures Engineering Contract Offshore UAE
Technip has secured an engineering services contract by ZADCO for the UZ 750 project. The project is aiming to increase oil production from the Upper Zakum field by 2015 to 750,000 bopd and to sustain this production target for at least 25 years.
The contract covers front-end engineering design for process units on four artificial islands, including gas separation, gas lift compression, booster gas compression, as well as power generation, utilities, interconnecting pipelines and modification of existing facilities, as well as procurement services for long lead items.
Front end engineering design is scheduled for completion by the second semester of 2011. Situated about 50 miles (80 kilometers) northwest of Abu Dhabi, the Upper Zakum oil field spans more than 288,000 acres (450 square miles) and lies in the deep waters of the Persian Gulf.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company more info
- UAE's ADNOC Proposes Change To Oil Price Mechanism (Dec 11)
- Nikkei: ADNOC To Decide On Japan Oil Concession Renewal By Early Next Year (Jul 28)
- UAE Pledges Further Oil Output Cuts Starting in September (Jul 25)