Seadrill Scores BHP Duo
Seadrill has been awarded two new contracts by BHP Billiton Petroleum for Offshore Vigilant in Trinidad and Offshore Resolute in Vietnam.
The three well drilling assignment for Offshore Vigilant is expected to take 150 days, and the contract value is approximately US $20 million. The two well assignment for Offshore Resolute is expected to take 90 days, and the contract value is approximately US $11 million.
Commencement of operations under the new contract for Offshore Vigilant is scheduled for the third quarter 2011, in direct continuation of existing contract and mid May 2011 for Offshore Resolute. The contract for Offshore Vigilant includes options for an additional four wells with anticipated duration of 200 days.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management, said, "This is Seadrill's first assignment for BHP. We consider this as an excellent opportunity to develop a strong relationship with BHP, one of the world's largest natural resource companies. Representing a total contract value of US$31 million, the two assignments improve the earnings visibility for our jack-ups in 2011 at market rates."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)