Premier Preps for Drill Stem Testing at Vietnam Block
Premier, the operator of the Block 07/03 Production Sharing Contract, has advised that preparations to undertake drill stem testing of hydrocarbon bearing sands in the Oligocene section, which it was not possible to evaluate in CRD-1X, are continuing.
CRD-2X has been planned to evaluate the oil and gas discovered in multiple stacked reservoir layers by CRD-1X with the aim of reducing uncertainty in whether the CRD structure contains sufficient volumes to support a potential development.
Partners in the block are:
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (Vietnam) Pty Ltd 5% (a wholly owned subsidiary of Pan Pacific Petroleum NL)
- Premier Oil Vietnam South B.V. (Operator) 30%
- Vietnam American Exploration Company, LLC. 40% (a wholly owned subsidiary of Pitkin Petroleum Plc)
- PearlOil (Ophiolite) Ltd. 15%
- PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Corporation Ltd 10%
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)