Aker Solutions Secures Additional Gig for Eldfisk Field
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract by ConocoPhillips, for modification work on the Eldfisk field. Contract value is approximately NOK 1, 3 billion.
The work scope comprises modifications of all the existing platforms; Eldfisk 2/7 A, Eldfisk 2/7 FTP, Eldfisk 2/7 B and Embla, as a consequence of installation of the new Eldfisk 2/7 S platform. The purpose of the modification work is to extend the life of Eldfisk.
Work starts immediately, with completion scheduled for May 2015. The project will be managed from Aker Solutions' offices in Stavanger, Norway. It will have a top manning level of 400 - 500 employees.
Aker Solutions has previously carried out the front-end engineering design (FEED) for Eldfisk II.
Contract partners are ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS and Aker Offshore Partner AS.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)