Maersk Oil to Spin Bit in Norwegian Sea
Maersk Oil has received consent to carry out exploration drilling of well 6406/3-9T in the Norwegian Sea using the mobile facility Transocean Winner.
The well will be drilled in production license 431, about 12 kilometers south of the Åsgard field.
The well has the following coordinates: N 64° 58' 04", E 06° 41' 12". Water depth at the site is approx. 316 meters.
The plan is for the drilling to last 54-116 days, depending on discovery and testing and drilling of possible sidetracks.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)