Roc Resumes Production at Cliff Head
Roc Oil advised that normal production operations at the Cliff Head oil field, offshore Western Australia, resumed on March 17. Uncontaminated crude oil deliveries from Cliff Head to BP's Kwinana refinery in Perth recommenced on March 20.
Production at Cliff Head was temporarily suspended on February 17, following advice from BP that it had identified organic chloride in Cliff Head crude delivered to the BP refinery on February 15.
Organic chloride contamination of Cliff Head crude oil, which was related to batch chemical treatments being undertaken as part of the current Cliff Head 12 well workover, is not anticipated to be a recurring issue.
Participating interests in the Cliff Head oil field are:
- Roc Oil (WA) Pty Ltd (Operator) 37.5%
- AWE Limited 57.5%
- CIECO Energy Australia Pty Ltd 5.0%
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)