CB&I Awarded EPC Contract for Kearl Oil Sands
CB&I has been awarded a contract by Imperial Oil Resources for engineering, procurement and construction work on the Kearl oil sands project in Alberta, Canada. The value of CB&I's work scope is in excess of $900 million, which includes $500 million of incremental work releases booked prior to 2011.
CB&I will be responsible for the EPC execution of the bitumen extraction plant and tank farms, as well as the design, supply and construction of additional storage vessels, all of which are expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2012.
"This award builds on CB&I's proven experience in the Canadian oil sands," said Philip K. Asherman, President and CEO. "We are pleased to have supported Imperial Oil on this important energy project since its inception, and we look forward to expanding our relationship with them into the future."
- Canada's Imperial Oil Posts Unexpected 2Q Loss (Jul 28)
- Imperial Oil Profit Boosted By Asset-Sale Gain (Jan 31)
- Bulk of Canada's Oil Sands Plants Seen Up in Days to Weeks (May 11)
Company: Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. N.V. (CB&I) more info
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)