Eni's Guendalina Anticipates First Gas in Sept.
Eni has informed the Mediterranean O&G that the field development plan for the Guendalina gas field continues to progress on schedule and first gas is expected to occur in September 2011. Construction of the platform jacket was completed and its installation is progressing on schedule and should be completed, subject to sea and weather conditions, in about two weeks.
Construction of the deck is also progressing on schedule, with installation forecasted to occur immediately following completion of the development drilling phase. The drilling campaign for two wells is expected to commence in late March 2011, and it should take four months to complete each well.
Guendalina is located 16 miles (26 kilometers) offshore Italy in 66 feet (20 meters) of water of the northern Adriatic Sea. The Italian state-owned company Eni operates Guendalina with 80% interest in the field, and Mediterranean Oil & Gas holds the remaining 20% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Mediterranean Oil & Gas more info
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)