Shell Strikes Oil Offshore Brunei
Brunei Shell Petroleum has made an oil discovery on the Geronggong prospect in the coastal waters of the southeast Asian-sultanate in a water depth of about 3,281 feet (1,000 meters).
The Noble Phoenix drillship drilled the discovery in the 3rd Offshore Acreage Area. BSP will now assess full field recovery potential followed by further appraisal drilling over the next two years.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 31 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: Brunei Shell Petroleum more info
- McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract (Jun 21)
- McDermott Bags Offshore Pipeline Deal for Brunei's Champion, Ampa Fields (Nov 12)
- KCA Deutag Bags Contract to Construct, Operate Land Rig in Brunei for BSP (Jun 23)