Premier Updates Ops at Vietnam Block 07/03
Premier, the operator of the Block 07/03 Production Sharing Contract, has advised that the CRD-2X appraisal well has set the 9 5/8 inch casing at 3100m BRT and at 6.00 am on March 10, was drilling ahead to a planned TD of about 3634m BRT. This interval will be evaluated by logging.
The information provided by logging CRD-2X is being integrated with the results of CRD-1X and this together with the information gained by deepening the well will be used to determine whether further operations will be undertaken.
Partners in the block are:
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (Vietnam) Pty Ltd 5% (a wholly owned subsidiary of Pan Pacific Petroleum NL)
- Premier Oil Vietnam South B.V. (Operator) 30%
- Vietnam American Exploration Company, LLC. 40% (a wholly owned subsidiary of Pitkin Petroleum Plc)
- PearlOil (Ophiolite) Ltd. 15%
- PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Corporation Ltd 10%
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)