Cyclone Activity Delays Drilling at La Rocca
Oilex, a partner on the WA-388-P permit, announced that the operator, Apache Northwest, has proposed to the joint venture to start drilling the first exploratory well in the permit in April 2011.
The well will target the La Rocca prospect in the Intra Mungaroo channel zone. Drilling was scheduled to commence in mid-February, however, due to cyclone activity, operations were ceased in the northwest shelf area during the first quarter of 2011. The Stena Clyde semisub was contracted to drill the well.
The WA-388-P permit is located north of the Pluto, Wheatstone, Gorgon and Northwest Shelf project fields, offshore Western Australia. The WA-388-P permit contains a portfolio of play types and seven prospects have been identified ranging in potential size from 0.3 to 2.8 Tcf of prospective gas resource.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)