Survival Craft Wins Lifeboat Contract
Survival Craft has won a contract worth £320,000 to supply lifeboat maintenance and inspection services to global oil and gas supply vessel operator Siem Offshore.
The five-year contract — which covers 20 of Siem Offshore's specialist fleet — is the first secured by Survival Craft's Norwegian team with a supply vessel company and will be managed from the company's base in Stavanger.
The Survival Craft contract covers regular annual and five-yearly inspections of multi-role vessels (MRSV) with four lifeboats each, and a mix of anchor handling (AHTS) and regular platform supply vessels (PSV).
Survival Craft — which has its headquarters in Aberdeen — has 20 years' international experience in the manufacture, inspection, testing, servicing and maintenance of life-saving equipment. As well as operating from the UK and Norway, it has a global footprint comprising bases in Singapore, Malaysia, Western Australia, China, and the US.
Survival Craft's Norway area manager Nils Harry said, "This is a challenging market to penetrate and we are delighted to have reached this agreement with Siem Offshore, a significant operator in the international supply vessel sector.
"This is the first contract with a supply vessel operator secured by our Norwegian team. It marks a major milestone for Survival Craft, both in Norway and globally, and gives us an important benchmark for attracting further work of this type."
- Survival Craft Plans to Bolster Team after Appointing New MD (Jul 09)
- Survival Craft Wins Lifeboat Contract (Mar 02)
- Survival Craft Inspectorate Opens New Workshop (Jan 26)
Company: Siem Offshore Inc. more info
- Siem Offshore Acquires 100% Interest in Secunda Canada (May 18)
- Woodside Inks Contract for Australia's First LNG-Powered Support Vessel (Apr 12)
- Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside (Mar 21)