Foster Wheeler Secures Availability, Reliability Study in UAE
Foster Wheeler's Global Engineering and Construction Group has received a contract from Zakum Development Company (ZADCO), to perform an availability and reliability study in connection with the expansion of the Zirku oil processing facilities in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Foster Wheeler contract value for this project was not disclosed and was included in the company’s fourth-quarter 2010 bookings.
The Upper Zakum facilities at Zirku Island comprise three oil processing trains and one train on stand-by. ZADCO plans to increase the capacity of this facility to cater for an increased production profile over the next twenty years. Foster Wheeler will conduct site surveys, identify a range of potential expansion options and debottlenecking initiatives, and perform availability and reliability studies to derive a master plan for the facilities. From the various options presented, one option will be selected for which Foster Wheeler will prepare the basis of design and the scope of work for the next phase of the project.
"Foster Wheeler will combine its extensive technical and project execution expertise in upstream and in plant assessment, reliability, availability and maintenance to develop and evaluate a range of cost-effective solutions to help ZADCO realize its production capacity requirements over the next twenty years," said Umberto della Sala, interim chief executive officer, Foster Wheeler AG.
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: Zakum Development Company more info
- Petrofac Celebrates Sail-Away of First Modules to ZADCO's Upper Zakum Field (Oct 27)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Awarded PMC Contract Extension in Middle East (Aug 18)
- Foster Wheeler Secures Availability, Reliability Study in UAE (Mar 02)