Halliburton Integrates Drilling Capabilities to Deliver Optimized Gains
Halliburton has integrated the drilling capabilities of several product service lines (PSLs) to deliver significant drilling performance gains and save operators millions of dollars in well costs. Halliburton's Optimized Drilling Performance™ approach includes the delivery of a proprietary engineering workflow, an integrated suite of drilling applications that sit on the DecisionSpace® InSite® global infrastructure, and localized, cross-functional teams.
Optimized Drilling Performance has already improved production rates and saved thousands of days in drilling time in all of the major basins globally, in deep water and on land, including:
- In a challenging deepwater well offshore Brazil, where the operator saved a direct cost of $7.5 million and an additional 50 days in rig time
- In a high-pressure/high-temperature well onshore, where the operator realized a savings of 60 days of rig time and a 30 percent reduction of the budgeted cost
- In deep tight gas, working with project management engagements in the Middle East, where the operator's wells were delivered in record time
- In a heavy oil field in Ecuador, where the operator saved 6.5 days of drilling time and doubled oil production.
In developing the workflow, Halliburton documented the intricate and complex processes necessary to holistically deliver drilling services from planning through execution, and to drive increased safety, efficiency and reliability. The workflow includes integrated bit and bottomhole assembly (BHA) design, mud characteristics and real-time optimization of the drilling process. Customers can also leverage Halliburton's digital infrastructure, including real-time well placement within an earth model that can be updated in real time.
"Halliburton teams now work with this proprietary workflow and the digital infrastructure in our real-time operating centers in every region," said Jonathan Lewis, senior vice president of Halliburton's Drilling and Evaluation Division.
"This effort has been several years in the making and represents a significant differentiator for Halliburton.
"Optimized Drilling Performance can significantly reduce nonproductive time and improve performance for all of our customers," Lewis added. "This potential represents billions of dollars in savings."
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)