NPD Awards BG North Sea Drilling Permit
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted BG Norge a drilling permit for well 6604/2-1 using the Aker Barents semisub. The drilling program for well 6604/2-1 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in Production License 522, which consists of Blocks 6604/2, 6604/3, 6604/4, 6604/5, and 6604/6.
The well will be drilled about 28 miles (45 kilometers) southeast of the Asterix gas discovery and 37 miles (60 kilometers) north of the Gro gas discovery. This is the first well to be drilled in the license. BG Norge is the operator, owning a 40% interest; Idemitsu Petroleum Norge owns 20%; Det norske owns 20%; and Petoro owns 20%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)