TWMA Awarded Drill Cuttings Contract by Chevron
TWMA is to install and operate its offshore waste recycling system on the Stena Spey rig in the UK North Sea, currently contracted to Chevron.
Worth around £1million over an initial six months, the contract awarded by Chevron North Sea Ltd is TWMA's first with the operator. Chevron has opted to process and recycle drill cuttings on site as a more effective and energy efficient method of waste management. TWMA is the first company in the world to offer this complete waste management capability offshore.
Ronnie Garrick, managing director of TWMA, said, "Using TWMA's environmentally sensitive TCCRotoMill and CCDS system allows Chevron to contain, reuse and recycle drill cuttings on-site, which increases efficiency and improves environmental performance offshore by removing the need for skip and ship operations and reusing the recovered oil in the drilling fluid.
"We are delighted to be working with Chevron for the first time and look forward to developing a long-term relationship with their environmental team."
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: TWMA more info
- TWMA Welcomes MENA Manager (Dec 05)
- Maersk Awards TWMA Contract for Gryphon FPSO (Aug 25)
- TWMA Wins 1st Offshore Contract in W. Africa (Aug 16)