Lukoil, Vanco Team Up in Black Sea JV
A consortium, consisting of LUKOIL Overseas and Vanco International, has signed concession agreements with the National Agency for Mineral Resources of Romania. The agreements provide for exploration and the development of two blocks, Est Rapsodia and Trident, in the Romanian sector of the Black Sea.
Lukoil will hold an 80% interest in the consortium with Vanco International holding the remaining interest. The two blocks are located in the Black Sea in water depths ranging from 295 to 3,281 feet (90 to 1,000 meters). The total area of the two licenses spans 494,211 acres (2,000 square kilometers). 3D seismic study is required to assess the geological structure of the blocks, stated the consortium.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: Vanco Energy more info
- Vanco Wraps Up Drilling Ops at Jandaia Well (Dec 27)
- Vanco Spuds Sabia Well Offshore Brazil (Jul 09)
- Vanco Exploration CEO Resigns (Mar 07)