Technip Secures Statoil Deal for Gygrid Field
Technip was awarded by Statoil a contract, worth approximately €90 million, for the Gygrid field development located in the Norwegian Sea at a water depth of 265 - 330 meters.
- This contract covers:
- engineering, procurement, welding and installation of flowlines, including a 19.5 kilometer pipe-in-pipe production flowline, a plastic-lined water injection flowline and a gas lift flowline of the same length,
- subsea equipment installation,
- installation and tie-ins of new risers and umbilicals.
Technip's operating center in Oslo, Norway will execute the contract. Flowline welding will take place in the Group's spoolbase in Orkanger, Norway, while installation will be performed by the Apache II, a pipelay vessel from Technip fleet, in mid-2012.
The contract is subject to approval of the plan for development and operation of Gygrid by the Norwegian authorities.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)