Seadrill Clinches Chevron Contract Offshore Thailand
Seadrill has agreed a new three-year contract with Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production offshore Thailand for the tender rig T-12 with a two-year option period. Estimated contract value is approximately US $132 million, and commencement of the assignment is scheduled for the second quarter this year, in direct continuation of the rig's existing contractual obligations.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management said, "We are pleased to secure a new contract for one of our tender rigs in the South East Asia region. This contract demonstrates the attractiveness of our tender rig concept as T12 will be the fifth unit presently operating for Chevron. The tender rig concept uniquely combines flexibility and efficiency that allows us to better serve our clients."
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
- Chevron Expects LNG Supply Shortage By 2025 (Mar 06)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill Postpones Court Hearing For Restructuring Talks (Jan 25)
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)