Hallin to Provide ROV, Vessel Offshore Indonesia
Hallin Marine Subsea International Ltd, a Superior Energy Services company, is providing a vessel plus an ROV to assist in the deep burial of a major Indonesian offshore pipeline.
The 16 inch pipeline from the Kodeco Processing Platforms in the Madura Sea to the onshore Receiving Facility in Gresik, East Java, is being reburied to a greater depth under a contract awarded to PT Cape an Acteon company and managed by Offshore Installations Services Ltd (OIS) also a subsidiary of the Acteon group.
Hallin will supply the DP2-rated Penrith, and Work Class ROV complete with engineers and crew, to follow the progress of the work for the project, which is expected to last for some 100 days.
OIS will deploy a mass flow excavation system from the Penrith to create the deeper channel for the pipeline. Hallin will support this operation with a Work Class ROV to help monitor the trench profile and if necessary assist in the deep burial procedure.
The vessel is currently mobilizing in Singapore, from where the vessel support will be managed.
Rik Zwinkels, the managing director of Hallin's East Division, said, "We are pleased to be working with OIS and PT Cape on this project. With close liaison with the client from an early stage of planning, we have together tailored a solution that fits closely with both the client's strengths and the project's goals."
- Superior Energy Eliminates Dividend (Mar 31)
- PMI Energy Services Sets Up New Shorebase in Morgan City (Oct 22)
- Oil Billionaire Hamm Sold Superior Energy Stake Citing Weak Returns (Aug 11)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)