Aker Lands EPC Contract for Vigdis NE Development
Statoil awarded Aker Solutions a letter of intent (LOI) for the engineering, procurement and construction of a subsea workover system for the Vigdis North East development. The scope of work includes a complete suite of components for open water workover operations. The Vigdis North East workover system project will be managed in Norway.
The manufacturing of the well control package and riser elements will be completed in Tranby, and the control systems in Aberdeen. Final delivery of the equipment will be made in June 2012. Vigdis North East is a fast-track oil and gas development situated in a water depth of 919 feet (280 meters) in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. Statoil operates the field, holding a 41.5% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)