NPD Grants ConocoPhillips Drilling Permit in North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted ConocoPhillips Skandinavia a drilling permit for well 7/11-12 S.
Well 7/11-12 S will be drilled from the Mærsk Gallant drilling facility at position 57°0'54.51" north and 2°36'13.54" east.
The drilling program for well 7/11-12 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 301 CS. ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 22 percent. The other licensees on the field are OMV (Norge AS) with 30 percent, Dong E&P Norge AS with 28 percent and Talisman Energy Norge AS with 20 percent.
Production license 301 CS was carved out of production license 301 in 2008. This license was awarded in APA 2003.
The area in the production license is located in the southern part of the North Sea, 20 kilometers southwest of the Ula field, and consists of parts of block 7/11. Parts of the license are divided stratigraphically, and relate to the level under Top Cretaceous. Well 7/11-12 S is the first exploration well in the production license.
The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)