Magellan, Santos Extend Evans Shoal Stake Sale
Magellan and Santos have agreed to extend the closing date for the sale of Santos' 40% stake in the Evans Shoal gas field located offshore Northern Territory, Australia to MPAL. This extension will allow us to continue to work to obtain the customary approvals to complete the transaction as contemplated by the Assets Sale Deed dated March 25, 2010 (the "Evans Shoal Agreement", "Transaction").
As amended on January 31, 2011, the Evans Shoal Agreement provides for an extension of the Transaction through to May 31, 2011, and a A$10 million additional contribution toward the original closing payment.
As previously stated, given the high CO2 content of the Evans Shoal gas, Magellan believes that methanol production is the best development option for the field. This potential has attracted the interest of leading Methanol market participants. These potential industrial partners are prepared to begin work to develop the field for onward Olefins markets and for fuel oxygenation in Asia.
MPAL is committed to close the Transaction and will provide further updates in due course.
- Magellan Sells Australia's Mereenie Field Bonus Rights to Macquarie Bank (May 20)
- Magellan Reappoints Ex-Chief Financial Officer (Jun 11)
- Oilfield Discovered Onshore UK near London's Gatwick Airport (Oct 24)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)